The new super capacitor Arvio battery system for your solar system outlasts and outperforms any other battery on the market today. If Cleopatra purchased one of these in her day, it would still be working in another 700 years from now!
Other batteries, such as Tesla, BYD, and Samsung, use the lithium-ion battery design. The lithium-ion batteries provide around 5,000 cycles and only lasts 13-15 years.
The new Arvio battery has one million (1,000,000) cycles and an expected lifespan of 2,740 years. The battery is made of carbon sprinkles (graphine particles) on paper, all rolled up tight in an Aluminium outer case. As the Arvio battery is made of natural products, it can be composted at end of life.
Arvio’s New Battery Technology
Introduced at the 2017 All Energy Conference in Melbourne, the first commercial shipments of the world’s first supercapacitor based energy storage system are landing in Australia April 2018. The supercapacitor is set to change energy storage forever.
- 1,000,000 cycles
- 100% rapid charge and discharge with no degradation or cycle reduction
- A 3.55kWh capacity is 3.55kWh usable
- 96% DC to DC round trip efficiency at the terminals
- Charge and discharge at 2C with no effect on cycle life or capacity
- Safe with no risk of thermal runaway
- Doesn’t get hot when charging or discharging
- Cells operates from -30°C to 85°C without need for added cooling systems
- Works is unlimited parallel
- No chemicals or liquid
- Non toxic
- Not volatile
- 10 year warranty – 45 year cell design life
At Jessups Solar Squad, we are very excited by this new technology, talk to us to find out how you can add this to your new or existing solar system.